The new, rugged Beha-Amprobe EV-520-UK Test Adapter Kit is designed to give access to the socket-outlets of vehicle charging stations to perform safety and functional tests while simulating the presence of an electrical vehicle. The unit is designed to test function and safety of charging stations mode 3 for AC charging in combination with appropriate test instruments, installation testers (for example the Fluke 1664FC) and/or Scope Meters (oscilloscope) (for example the Fluke 120B Series Industrial ScopeMeter). With the Adapter Kit and appropriate test equipment, the charging stations can be tested in accordance with IEC/EN 61851-1 and IEC/HD 60364-7-722.
Features & Functions
- Suitable for vehicle charging stations with charging mode 3
- EV-connectors for type 2 and type 1
- PE Pre-Test – to test the PE conductor for possible presence of dangerous voltage against earth
- Proximity Pilot (PP) state ‘Cable Simulation’ – enables simulation of various current capabilities of the charging cables
- Control Pilot (CP) state ‘Vehicle Simulation’ – enables various charging states to be simulated
- Separate phase indication – to check voltage is present
- Safety and functional tests – 5 terminals enable connection of an installation tester
- Electric power meter check – a mains socket allows an external load to be connected to check the power meter works and counts correctly
- Simulations of CP and PE errors
- Communication check between simulated vehicle and charging station – terminals enable connection of a ScopeMeter to check charging modes and delivered current
The Beha-Amprobe EV-520-UK Kit comes with a standard EVC-20 test cable for Type 2 connection to a socket outlet or fixed cable with vehicle connector. An optional EVC-13 test cable is available for connection to Type 1 charging stations with fixed cable and vehicle connectors. The units are dust and splash water rated to IP 54 and come with a soft carry case.
For more information on other Beha-Amprobe test and measurement products, or to download a catalogue, visit the website at www.beha-amprobe.com