TEC Electric now has a range of Raychem’s electrical insulating mats in stock. Raychem RPG electrical insulation mats are high voltage rubber mats that conform to IEC 61111.
Manufactured using high quality elastomer rubber, the mats provide complete protection against electric shocks due to earth faults. The high quality range offers a number of benefits, including:
- Material: Elastomer rubber
- Surface: Antiskid Fabric Finish and Antiskid Corrugation Finish
- Operating temperature: -40oC to +55oC
- Testing: Tested every meter for withstanding voltage.
- Availability: Class 0*, 1, 2, 3* and 4 (*ex stock).
- Compliance: REACH, ROHS2 Zero Halogen
- Standards: ASTM D178, IEC 61111
Insulating matting should be installed in front of low, medium and high voltage switchboards, in front of machine control hear, in plant and lift gear control rooms and as portable protection for site engineers.
When used in conjunction with other personal protective electrical safety equipment, such as insulating gloves and boots and, in some cases, arc flash protection, these insulating mats provide a safe working environment for those working on live electrical equipment.
The Raychem matting is suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage and insulates the worker from the ground up to avoid the crossing of electrical currents in instances of direct contact or a flash.