This year, ATC has witnessed some major organisational changes through a management restructuring that is paving the way for further development and success for staff, customers, and supplier partners alike.
Management Team changes
As Managing Director, Ciaran O’Reilly has been driving the strategic direction of ATC since 1991 – providing leadership, motivation, and guidance. “From the very beginning, we always believed that our core values of Quality, Customer Care and Service are the cornerstone of longevity and success. Exceptional customer care and quality products were the priority then, and still are today,” Ciaran commented.
After 32 years in this role, Ciaran has decided to step down as MD and move into the role of Chairperson of ATC Group. Brian Walsh has been appointed to the position, driving the ATC Group to the next stage of development and growth. Brian has extensive knowledge of the ATC Group, having been involved in each department since joining the company in 1992.
His key objectives include strengthening the ATC brand in both Ireland and the UK. Organisational culture is also a priority, ensuring ATC is not only providing excellent service and support to customers, but also offering a superior workplace for staff. Brian stated, “Driving the business to the next stage of growth will be achieved only through continued strong relationships with our customers and supply partners.”
Mary Curley, who has been with the company since its inception, will continue in her important role as Finance & HR Director for the Group. Mary has been instrumental in driving the standards of ATC and identifying talented individuals to join the company. Her strategic financial knowledge has been essential to the growth and success of the company.
Liam Prendergast has worked alongside Ciaran and Mary since 1991, and will continue in his role as Procurement & Logistics Director. Liam has extensive experience and knowledge of every aspect of the business, which ensures that every department is ever-evolving. His skill set and expertise are crucial to supporting the company in its next phase of growth.
Following important and rewarding careers growing the Electrical and Automation divisions, Declan Donnelly and Cathal Maguire have been appointed Sales Directors within ATC Group. Their extensive knowledge of the Electrical and Automation markets and customers is essential for paving the way to future success for the company.
As the business has expanded, ATC has welcomed new members of staff across the Purchasing, Sales, Stores and Marketing departments. With the continued growth and expansion of the company, ATC will be recruiting new, talented people.
Looking to the future
“As we look towards the future, we as an organisation are excited about this next phase of growth. Since 1991, we have inspired trust in our partners, and through talented people, we are dedicated to always delivering outstanding service and support,” new MD Brian Walsh stated. “Thank you to Ciaran, for your direction and vision that has brought the company to where it is today. We look forward to what the next 30 years bring.”
30 years of history
For over three decades, ATC has been committed to providing energy-efficient, smart, controllable products that deliver value for customers. Take a quick look at their evolution:
• In 1991, ATC opened for business at the Dunlop Centre, Adelaide Road as exclusive partners to Vortice Ventilation and Omron Electronics.
• A year later, ATC employed their very first External Sales Representative.
• In 1995, the company achieved ISO 9001 accreditation, which to this day steers the quality of day-to-day procedures.
• In 2001, the company expanded their products and service range and opened two distinct divisions: ATC Electrical & Mechanical and ATC Automation. Each one has its own distinct route to market and customer types.
• Eight years later, ATC Automation became Omron Premium Partners – one of only nine across the UK and Ireland at the time, and now one of only six.
• In 2012, the company launched their first ATC-branded products to the market.
• In 2014, ATC was officially launched in the UK. In the same year, they opened the
ATC Energy Showroom at their Tallaght HQ.
• 2017 welcomed the first of many awards for the ATC-branded product range.
• By 2019, they put the 5’S Accreditation in place to maximise efficiencies in- house and ensure the smooth running of the business. They also revamped their Energy Showroom due to advances in energy efficiencies and sustainability.
• Today ATC is proud to have developed seven ATC product ranges in just 11 years. These include hand dryers, electric heating, digital heaters, smart heaters, outdoor heaters, water heaters and boilers and heating controllers.